Our hut, Cefn Garw (known fondly as "Cefn"), is the OMC's climbing hut in
Snowdonia. An old stonebuilt farmhouse that has been
refitted as a bunkhouse, it can be found just off the A5 at Pentrefoelas.
It is available for hire by outside groups as well as OMC Members:
Contact the booking secretary
Features of Cefn:
- Sleeps a maximum of 20 people
- 8 in Cairngorm Room
- 12 in Alpine Room
- Additional 4 beds in private room for OMC members only
- Well equipped kitchen
- 8 gas burners
- Microwave and kettle
- Large supply of kitchenware
- Two washrooms with toilet, basin and hot water.
- Boot room for your kit
- Common room with pot bellied stove
- Courtyard for parking
- Garden area
- IMPORTANT: This area is used for livestock by the neighbouring farmer.
- Please advise us in advance if you wish to use it
- Please clear up any waste from this area for the sake of the animals
- Storage heaters throughout
- Two pubs within walking distance:
- Large supply of books and old mountaineering magazines
You will need:
- Bin bags
- Toilet roll
- Kindling and coal for stove
- Welly boots (if the weather is damp)
- Take your rubbish away with you (there is a bin and recycling area in Pentrefoelas next to the Chocolate House).
- Do not leave any foodstuffs.
- Leave the hut as you would wish to find it - clean and tidy.
Current Fees - 2017
||Child (under 18)