Due to the current Covid-19 situation, all Oxford Mountaineering Club Events have been cancelled and the club hut, Cefn Garw, will not be available for external bookings.
For further advice and information, please see the following advice from the British Mountaineering Council
For information about the club and hut please use the Contact Us page.
We look forward to returning to the great outdoors at some time in the, hopefully, not too distant future.
Our hut, Cefn Garw (known fondly as "Cefn"), is the OMC's climbing hut in
Snowdonia. An old stonebuilt farmhouse that has been
refitted as a bunkhouse, it can be found just off the A5 at Pentrefoelas.
It is available for hire by outside groups as well as OMC Members:
Contact the booking secretary
Features of Cefn:
- Sleeps a maximum of 20 people
- 8 in Cairngorm Room
- 12 in Alpine Room
- Additional 4 beds in private room for OMC members only
- Well equipped kitchen
- 8 gas burners
- Microwave and kettle
- Large supply of kitchenware
- Two washrooms with toilet, basin and hot water.
- Boot room for your kit
- Common room with pot bellied stove
- Courtyard for parking
- Garden area
- IMPORTANT: This area is used for livestock by the neighbouring farmer.
- Please advise us in advance if you wish to use it
- Please clear up any waste from this area for the sake of the animals
- Storage heaters throughout
- Two pubs within walking distance:
- Large supply of books and old mountaineering magazines
You will need:
- Bin bags
- Toilet roll
- Kindling and coal for stove
- Welly boots (if the weather is damp)
- Take your rubbish away with you (there is a bin and recycling area in Pentrefoelas next to the Chocolate House).
- Do not leave any foodstuffs.
- Leave the hut as you would wish to find it - clean and tidy.
Current Fees - 2020
||Child (under 18)